Inheritance Tax Planning

When you die, if your estate is worth more than the prevailing Inheritance Tax (IHT) threshold, it could be subject to hefty taxation. However, there are simple measures that can be taken to minimise the value of your estatethat is subject to tax.Taking specialist Inheritance Tax sooner rather than later is crucial to identifying what steps are available to you.

How we can help you

The Inheritance Tax specialists at John Hodge Solicitors have been helping their clients to reduce the potential IHT on their estates for many years. They will advise on:

  • The effect of your marital status
  • The amount you can give away each year that will be free from IHT under the Annual Inheritance Tax Exemption rules
  • The cap on tax free amounts you can give to individuals each year
  • Making tax free donations to charities or political parties
  • What would be classed as gifts from income which are tax free
  • How a family wedding could reduce IHT
  • The tax exempt status of any of your business or agricultural or otherassets
  • Liaise with your accountant or financial adviser to ensure that all assets tax implications and life insurance options are considered

Why use John Hodge Solicitors?

Do you want your assets to remain in your family rather than end up in the hands of the Government when you die?  Do you wish you could build up a fund for each of your beneficiaries that you could be sure wouldn’t be eroded by tax liabilities?

John Hodge Solicitors can help with these issues. The advice we give involves careful consideration of your needs complex tax legislation and draws on our experience of dealing on a daily basis with these issuesover many years.

You will be impressed by their approachability and sympathy, along with their knowledge and expertise, and a true commitment to serving your specific needs.

Protect your estate against IHT by taking Inheritance Tax planning advice now, so that you can act on it and find ways to safeguard your family’s future. Contact us today for specialist, expert advice.